Pages

Friday, November 5, 2010

England, Ireland and Wales

Ross Castle, Ireland

England, Ireland and Wales-July 2010
This past summer I took a small group of students to England, Ireland and Wales. Travel is a fantastic way for students to learn first hand about the culture, history and people that we study in our classrooms. This tour was geared towards students who were enrolling in the European Histroy and Literature class at the high school. I worked with one of the teachers to provide this opportunity to our students. We spent 9 days touring-visiting The Ring of Kerry, London, Dublin, Llangollen, Oxford, Stratford Upon Avon, Beaumaris and many other places.
I developed a love of traveling when I spent 10 days in what was then Yugoslavia. After that I traveled to Spain twice as an exchange student during my high school career. Since then I have tried to visit a new place at least every other year. Traveling changed my perspective on life, giving a me a greater understanding and appreciation for other cultures and customs. I hope that by providing opportunities for our students to travel that they too will gain a new perspective and appreciation for other people, places and customs.

I am currently organizing a trip to Costa Rica for July of 2011 and a trip to England and Scotland for 2012.



Big Ben


Atlantic Coast


 Beaumaris Castle, Wales


The view from Beaumaris Castle, Wales



Wales


Wales


 Birth place of Shakespeare


Anne Hathaway's Garden



The changing of the guard


The London Eye


 The National Gallery, London

The London Eye


Double Decker


The Group at Beaumaris Castle, Wales

No comments:

Post a Comment