Pages

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Multimedia Presentation

Multimedia Project using the FlipCamera

We recently acquired some flip cameras here at our school.  I have decided that I am going to have one of my 6th grade classes try out a project I have been thinking about.

So the goal is to have the student learn about art history.  Each team (of two) will have a choice in what they would like to do.  They can:
  1. Select a painting and bring it to life.  Videotape the skit and narrate it. 
  2. Become an artist and be interviewed.  Researching information on the life, time period, art work, etc.  Recording the interview on the flip camera.
  3. Write a short story based upon a masterpiece and read it to the class.

I am still looking to add some additional options.  So if anyone has some suggestions, I'd love to hear them. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm doing something similar as the HS research project final presentation. It can be in any format other than a traditional speech. I love your ideas. Here are a few others I suggested to my students. Dress up and defend a work of art from the artist you have chosen to research and the way you (as the artist) do things - why yours is better than others. Create a newscast with breaking news about your artist based on some life event that had taken place. Choose a partner that has researched another artist, dress up as your artists and conduct a debate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing Amy! I would love to hear about or see the projects when your students finsih them.... We just got the flip cameras so I'm anxious to try them out and see how the kids like them.

    ReplyDelete